Implementation Science web page: cancercontrol.cancer.gov/is/staff/Vinson
Dr. Vinson is responsible for working both within NCI and with other agencies and organizations at the international, national, state and local level to translate research funded by DCCPS into practice.
Dr. Vinson came to the DCCPS as a Presidential Management Fellow and spent three years rotating in various office across NCI including science planning, legislation and communication. Prior to working at NCI, Dr. Vinson was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Gabon where she served as a health educator. Dr. Vinson was also previously a supervisor at the Kern County Department of Human Services in California.
Dr. Vinson holds a doctoral degree in Public Administration and Health Policy from George Washington University, a master in public administration/international development from Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey and a bachelors in political science from California State University, Bakersfield.
- Implementation science in cancer prevention and control: a decade of grant funding by the National cancer Institute and future directions. Neta G, Sanchez MA, Chambers DA, Phillips SM, Leyva B, Cynkin L, Farrell MM, Heurtin-Roberts S,Vinson C. Implement Sci. 2015 Jan 8;10(1):4. doi: 10.1186/s13012-014-0200-2.
- The U.S. training institute for dissemination and implementation research in health.Meissner HI, Glasgow RE, Vinson CA, Chambers D, Brownson RC, Green LW, Ammerman AS, Weiner BJ, Mittman B. Implement Sci. 2013 Jan 24;8:12. doi: 10.1186/1748-5908-8-12.
- National Institutes of Health approaches to dissemination and implementation science: current and future directions. Glasgow RE, Vinson C, Chambers D, Khoury MJ, Kaplan RM, Hunter C. Am J Public Health. 2012 Jul;102(7):1274-81. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2012.300755. Epub 2012 May 17.
- Building cancer control capacity: a mixed-method evaluation of the Research to Reality (R2R) Mentorship Program. Sanchez M, Purcell EP, Michie JS, Tsakraklides SP, La Porta M, Vinson C. Prev Chronic Dis. 2014 Feb 20;11:E24. doi: 10.5888/pcd11.130275.
- Research to reality: moving evidence into practice through an online community of practice. Farrell MM, La Porta M, Gallagher A, Vinson C, Bernal SB. Prev Chronic Dis. 2014 May 8;11:E78. doi: 10.5888/pcd11.130272.